Bittergourd (big) - 3 pieces
Onion - 1
Garlic - 4 cloves
Oil - 6 teaspoon
Red chilli powder - 3 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt - as needed
- Cut the bittergourd into 3 to 4 cubes.
- Add turmerc powder and salt and mix well.
- Steam the bittergourd till it gets half-cooked.
- Add oil to the frying pan and when it gets heated, add the bittergourd pieces and red chilli powder and saute well.
- After 2 to 3 minutes add nicely chopped onion and garlic and saute well.
- Fry till it gets golden brown colour.
Small onions can be used to make it tastier.
Red chilli powder can be added as per your taste.
Learnt from: Sunitha, my friend