Snakegourd - 500 gms
Small onions - 150 gms
Garlic - 4 cloves
Green chilli - 5
Sauf - 1/2 spoon
Cinnamon - 3 pieces
Curry leaves - for seasoning
Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Roasted channa dal - 50 gms
Oil - 100 ml
Salt - as needed
- Cut or scrap the snakegourd into small pieces.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add oil to the pan. Once it gets warmed, season cinnamon, sauf and curry leaves.
- Add nicely chopped onions, green chilli and cloves and saute well.
- Squeeze the water from snakegourd, add to the pan and saute.
- Add little salt and cover the pan.
- Don't add water. It has to get cooked only in the oil.
- After it gets cooked, add roasted channa dal powder and fry for some more time.