Potato - 3
Jackfruit seeds - 25
Big onion - 2 (small) / 1(big)
Scraped coconut - 3 tablespoon
Red chilli powder - 2 teaspoon
Corriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Big jeera - 1 teaspoon
Oil - 4 tablespoon
Cinnamon - 2 small pieces
Cloves - 2
Garlic - 2 small cloves / 1 big clove
Chopped corriander leaves - 1 tablespoon
- Boil and peel the skin of potatoes and the seeds. (Seeds must be half-cooked)
- Add oil to the frying pan and season cinnamon and cloves
- Add onion and fry till it gets golden brown colour.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and corriander powder and saute well.
- Add little water.
- Add potatoes and the seeds, mix and saute well.
- Keep sauting at regular intervals.
- When three-fourth of the cooking is done, add ground coconut and big jeera paste.
- Crush the garlic clove, add and saute.
- Till the mix gets dried up, keep sauting.
- Add corriander leaves.
Learnt from: Mrs. Padma, my mother