Semi-ripe cucumber - 1 (medium size)
Green chilli - 7
Tamarind - 1/2 of small lemon size
Cummins - 1/2 teaspoon
Curd - 1 or 2 tablespoon
Oil- to saute
Salt - to taste
- Peel skin off the cucumber and cut into small pieces.
- Add oil to a frying pan, when it gets heated up add cummins and green chilli; saute for just few seconds.
- When it gets cold, add soaked soft tamarind and grind to a coarse paste.
- Add paste to the cucumber pieces and mix well.
- Add curd and salt.
- This pachadi tastes better when curd is not added as you can get the real taste of chilli and tamarind.
- If needed, you can season with mustard seed and asafoetida.
Learnt from: Mrs. Shakunthala Krishnamurthy, friend